We have found that when our employees are asked why they chose to work at Insurance Recovery Group, Inc. (IRG), Insurance Subrogation Group (ISG) and Cheung-Truslow & Uehlein, LLC (CTU), many say that it is because of the congenial atmosphere. We pride ourselves on providing both a professional and friendly work environment. We offer our employees competitive salaries, comprehensive health care benefits, and retirement planning packages.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you are a subrogation recovery professional and are interested in learning of current opportunities, please contact our Human Resources department:
Human Resource Department
959 Concord Street, Ste. 200
Framingham, MA 01701
800-798-5474, ext 262
NEW JOB POSTING:
Litigation Counsel | Insurance Subrogation Group
Insurance Subrogation Group (ISG) is a rapidly growing subrogation recovery firm headquartered in Massachusetts. ISG is seeking a licensed attorney with a minimum of 5 years subrogation and litigation experience to join its national practice. The Staff Litigation Counsel is responsible for claim investigation, local counsel management, expert witness retention, and all aspects of litigation. The position reports to the Executive Vice President and Practice Leader.
- Evaluate claims for subrogation potential by investigating, securing salient information, identifying responsible parties, assessing financial viability
- Work with expert(s) to preserve scene, develop testing protocol, attend inspections, coordinate site investigation and secure the damaged products
- Think critically and creatively on ways to pursue subrogation on claims where a potential exists
- Prepare and send initial notice letters to all potential liable parties
- Determine measure of damages
- Prepare and send demand letter to adverse party and/or carrier, negotiate settlements, and obtain necessary client authority as required
- Negotiate recoveries with attorneys, third parties, and/or co-defendants in coordination with branch office efforts to resolve the claims
- Prepare case for mediation and arbitration
- Perform legal research, draft pleadings, conduct depositions and written discovery, make court appearances, and independently handle all aspects of litigation within federal and state jurisdictions. Obtain pro-hac vice admission as necessary.
- Oversee and manage local litigation counsel in multiple jurisdictions
- Obtain and review status reports from outside counsel and outside vendors to monitor the progress of subrogation and litigation activities
- J.D., licensed in one or more jurisdictions. Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Ohio admissions desired.
- Staff Litigation Counsel shall have a minimum of five years of demonstrated legal and subrogation experience
- Knowledge of legal liability and general insurance policy coverage
- Confident, self-starting, highly motivated individual who display high-energy, intelligence and the natural curiosity
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and negotiation abilities
- Ability to multi-task and manage large case load
- Must be familiar with state specific laws relating to subrogation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites, claims systems (VCA), investigative databases (Accurint), and Westlaw
- Excellent research, investigative, problem solving and client communication skills.
- You must be able to work independently.
Please forward a resume and writing sample in the form of a filed pleading, with your salary requirement to Rita Leazott, RLeazott@irgfocus.com.